Wednesday 18 May 2011

Volunteers' Testimonies

Katri from Finland to SoH Uganda.

To work as a physiotherapist in a Christian ministry was my prayer to God last spring (2010) and it got answered so much more than I could have imagined. I study physiotherapy in Finland in Joensuu and work with disabled children in rural areas of Jinja was new, interesting and challenging. For me it was first difficult to understand and accept how much disability malaria can cause. I was sad how many times we heard the same story: normal pregnancy, no problem in delivery, normal development and then child gets malaria and then getting severe disability possibly in many areas (physical, social, mental). Professionally I learned a lot, working in new environment, with people from other culture, diagnoses I had not worked with before and also some treating methods. I am also happy that I got to put in practise skills that I have learned before in school and use them in the new environment. I really loved the work; the way of Spring of hope is making difference in the lives and families and helping people face to face.


I feel that God really blessed and protected my stay in Uganda. I got meet amazing people, see so much and got so many new experiences to keep in my heart. I am thankful to God. He is good and He is faithful. And He takes care of all of his children.

No comments: